***Apologies for cross-posting***

**ISG (Scotland) presents: Professor Tara Brabazon.**

**"From scrolling to literacy - creating new models of learning"**

Friday 26 March 2010, 2 p.m. - 3.30 p.m. (refreshments available
afterwards), St. Augustine's Church, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh.
£5 (ISG Members £2.50)
Entry fee will be collected on the door, please reserve your place by
emailing Paul Hambelton: [log in to unmask]
Closing date for bookings: 19 March.

ISG (Scotland) is proud to present for their 2010 Annual Lecture a
rare Scottish appearance by star academic Professor Tara Brabazon.
Author of several books including 'The University of Google' and
'Digital Hemlock?' and regular Times Higher Education online
columnist, Tara is well known for her attempts to make sense of the
impact of digital information and modern communications on the way we
learn and teach.

New models of literacy are required to cope with the digital world,
and Tara will explore this in her lecture as she gives us an insight
into her current thinking. Bound to be both challenging and
controversial, this is a great opportunity for information
professionals and others to hear from a leading thinker on the digital
age first hand so please book early to avoid disappointment!

"While so many of our institutional emails and policy documents are
filled with words such as partnership and collaboration, it is
important to celebrate the innovative leadership provided by the
international librarian profession. These writers, thinkers and
practitioners not only manage the material culture of the past but
enliven the present. They may also give us a catalogue for - and to -
our future." Tara Brabazon, THE Online, 16 February 2010

Tara Brabazon is Professor of Media Studies at The University of Brighton.

-------------
Celia Jenkins
SUNCAT Bibliographic Assistant
EDINA
Causewayside House
160, Causewayside
Edinburgh.
EH9 1PR

email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +44 (0) 131 650 3188

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.