Good morning!

This has struck a real chord with me, as we are in the final stages of
planning for a hospital-based library in part of the new Peterborough
City Hospital (to open at the end of the year).   We have been occupied
in preserving the idea of a physical space, too - for the first few
years of planning this had to be the top of the list if we wanted a
defined location for some of the things which are concerned to do.
However, now the activities are coming to the fore - both the
appropriate furniture to facilitate these, and the staff and priorities
which we have in place to meet a whole set of new challenges - some of
which relate to the physical space we will work out of, but which are
also about sharing information sources and knowledge throughout the
Trust and the local NHS.

We thought we were planning a space, but in fact we are building support
for our team and our library users.

Dorothy

Dorothy Halfhide

Library & Information Services Manager

Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust