Please see attached and below - important news from MA/P-1.

Manchester Central Library will be closing in July 2010 for restoration and refurbishment, due to reopen 2013.  The Central Library has to be completely emptied before the work can begin and the stock (more than 22 miles of shelving) will be put into storage for the duration of the closure.  The library will close in phases and the last department leaves the building by mid-June.

Interlibrary Loans will close to the lending of stock from 1st March 2010 until 2013.  We will however continue to request stock for our borrowers and we anticipate being extremely busy.  Interlibrary Loans will be moving to a temporary office location during March 2010.  We will keep you posted of our new address but at present we can still be contacted on our usual phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by being unable to lend stock during this lengthy period.

If  you have any queries please contact Gillian Titterton: (0161) 234 1999 or [log in to unmask]

<<Manchester Central Library move.doc>>

Gillian Wilson

NWLIP Manager

Library & Information Service

Bowran Street

Preston

Lancs

PR1 2UX

01772 534047

www.lancashire.gov.uk/nwlinterlending

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.

It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.

If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it

The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.

Lancashire County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email

Lancashire County Council has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.

Lancashire, a place where everyone matters