I'm writing some guidance notes for staff and students on copyright to include copyright in relation to work produced by students.

Although it is clear that the students own the copyright of any work they produce (unless an employer has stipulated in their funding that they retain copyright of any work produced) - the issue has been raised about students using college equipment to make sound or video recordings in particular.

Given that copyright exists separately within recordings I'm assuming that the copyright of the recording belongs to the college whilst the 'artistic' content remains the copyright of the student(s).

The guidance notes are to make staff and students more aware of copyright issues rather than to enforce copyrights - I was hoping that another college may have already produced such guidelines that I could have a look at.

Thanks

Andrew

Dr Andrew Eynon
Library Resource Manager
Coleg Llandrillo
Llandudno Road
Rhos-on-Sea
Colwyn Bay
Conwy
LL28 4HZ

01492 542342

Blog: http://andrewey.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/andrewey

Mae'r e-bost yma ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir oddi fewn iddo yn gyfrinachol, a bwriedir ef ar gyfer yr unigolyn neu'r endidau mae wedi ei gyfeirio ato'n unig. Os ydych wedi derbyn yr e-bost yma trwy gamgymeriad hysbyswch y rheolwr system os gwelwch yn dda.

Mae'r troednodyn yma hefyd yn cadarnhau bod y neges e-bost yma wedi cael ei wirio gan MIMEsweeper am unrhyw feirysau cyfrifiadurol oedd yn bodoli.
www.mimesweeper.com
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com