Kerry

At Ulster we fund students for diagnostic assessments through our equivalent of the ALF fund. We have a bank of Ed Psychologists and our staff make bookings for meetings in-house. Because of the admin support and the provision of rooms and equipment, we pay slightly less than the commercial rate and this has been OK for a while though I think we are soon going to have to increase our rates. We don’t make any charge to students.

Some of our needs assessments are conducted by our own staff and others are outsourced, depending on the complexity of the issues: the more complex, the more likely we are to do it ourselves. External assessments are monitored by our own staff before being submitted for DSA applications.

I hope this is useful.

Sue

Sue Steging
Head of Student Support