Hi,

I've just got the shibboleth SP for solaris going (nearly, anyway) and its authenticating fine when I put an .htaccess file in a web folder.  If I take the .htaccess away it just lets you in without authentication so it proves it is using it.   The .htaccess has:

Require shibboleth
AuthType Shibboleth
ShibRequireSession On
require affiliation [log in to unmask]

but if I authenticate as a test student user (not staff@dundee)  its still letting them in.  i.e. it seems to be ignoring require affiliation staff.

I know this syntax works as it's the same file I use on a linux box to do exactly the same thing which behaves completely as expected and denies the student access.

If on the the solaris SP I add in the line:

ShibRequireAll On

Then it starts working as expected.

I'm just getting to grips with the syntax of these htaccess files and it's not something I normally do so I'm probably being fairly dumb.

Can any SP experts explain why there is a difference between the behaviour on linux and solaris with the same htaccess file and why it works with the ShibRequireAll On line.  Basically I'm after a good working htaccess syntax I can pass to the web people to deploy.

Cheers
Andy

Please consider the environment.  Do you really need to print this email?