SORRY FOR MULTIPLE-POSTINGS - Do feel free to pass this message on to interested colleagues.

Dear Colleague:

Dublin City University and the UK and Ireland Higher Education Institutional Research (HEIR) Network would like to highlight that the call for the papers is currently open for the 3rd Annual Institutional Research Conference, Developing a Framework for Institutional Research: Informing Institutional Enhancement, Practice and Strategy.

The conference will be held in Dublin City University on 29th and 30th June, 2010.  Confirmed keynote presenters include,

  • Prof. Janet Beer, Vice Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University, and Chair of the Steering Committee for the National Student Survey, UK
  • Prof. Robin Middlehurst,  Professor of Higher Education at Kingston University UK
  • Tom Boland, CEO of the Higher Education Authority, Ireland
More information can be found at our conference website:
http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/index.shtml

Conference Themes
Whilst the conference is primarily about developing an IR framework in the UK and Ireland, we welcome submissions and delegates from around the world, presenting or representing a variety of institutional research approaches and traditions from which we can all learn. The conference will explore:
  • The role of Institutional Research in Quality Enhancement
  • Approaches to Strategic planning and Decision-making
  • Evidence-based Decision-making: Tools and Methods
  • Institutional Research and the Student Experience
  • Teaching and Learning Enhancement
More detail on the conference themes can be found here: http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/themes.shtml

Conference Papers- Submission of Proposals
Proposals for papers, work in progress sessions, workshops and posters are invited from all interested in making a contribution to developing a framework for institutional research.

More information on the proposal types can be found here: http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/papers.shtml

The deadline for proposals is 4th March, 2010 and they should be made on-line at http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/proposals.php3

Conference Registration
Registration will open in mid-March.  Pricing and accommodation information for the conference can be found here:
http://www.dcu.ie/conferences/ir2010/registration.shtml

We would be delighted to welcome you to Dublin and to DCU next summer to join us at IR2010.  Should you have any queries regarding the submission or papers, or wish more information on the conference, please contact Aisling McKenna  ([log in to unmask])

For general enquiries about the HEIR Network, please contact Helena Lim at ([log in to unmask]).

Thank you.
Kindest regards

Ailsing McKenna
Dublin City University
on behalf of the IR Conference 2010 Organising Committee
Dr Helena Lim
Coordinator, HEIR Network

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131