On this subject, there is an excellent publication: 'Suggestions to
Authors of the Repports of the United States Geological Survey' by
Wallace R. Hansen (Editor). It is from 1991, though, but a suggestion
would be to update it, (perhaps also bilingual) and make it available
as electronic media.

Gianna Garda.