Dear Colleagues,

I am very happy to send out this  Call for Papers for a Special Issue of Revista CIEHL.
Although the call for papers is about all Peninsular literatures and cultures, I would like to
see some articles on Galicia. Please feel welcomed to send your articles to me for
consideration and I would also appreciate it if you could help me distributing the Call for
papers to other colleagues that you think would be interested.

Sincerely,

Dr. Eugenia R. Romero
Assistant Professor
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
275 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210-1229

P.S. I also apologize for the cross posting.

Convocatoria/Call for Papers
Special Issue

Wandering Subjects: Movement and Displacement in Spanish Peninsular Studies

Sujetos itinerantes: Movimiento y desplazamiento en los estudios peninsulares españoles

Throughout the centuries, Spanish Peninsular literature and culture have been
characterized by an active production that explores several notions of movement, making
it difficult to define this term while also suggesting that the process of moving is a
defining characteristic of Spanish identity in itself.  Moving or movement is not limited to
just traveling from one geographical or physical point to another.  Rather, it is a broader
concept that can also represent the displacement caused by the move, the distance
between two or more time periods, the intellectual and conceptual processes of reading,
the commotion created by an event (historical, textual, cultural, etc.), the crossing
between borders (physical and literal), as well as a political insurgency or rebellion, to
name a few.

This special volume of Revista CIEHL will examine various ways in which some
conceptualizations of movement offer strategic and critical readings of Spain’s culture and
literature in distinct historical moments. The volume will accept papers covering several
time periods including the 13th to 17th centuries or Early Modern Spain, the 18th and 19th
centuries, the Pre-Franco years, as well as Post-Franco and the 21st century or
Democratic Spain. This volume will also encourage articles that focus on some of these
issues related to Catalan, Basque and/or Galician Studies.
Papers should be 15-20 pages long in MLA format with notes at the end of the paper
followed by the list of works cited. In addition to the title and a 300 word abstract (in
both English and Spanish), please include your mailing address, phone number,
institutional affiliation and e-mail address. Papers will be accepted in either Spanish or
English. Please submit articles electronically in Word format by June 18, 2010 to:

Invited Editor: Dr. Eugenia R. Romero

A collaboration of the
Universidad de Puerto Rico, Humacao and The Ohio State University
Cuaderno Internacional de Estudios Humanísticos y Literatura: CIEHL

International Journal of Humanistic Studies and Literature
http://www.uprh.edu/ciehl