Dear Colleagues,

I have recently read a manuscript about a language-fMRI study.

One thing have caught my attention: they had measured 20 subjects and
performed single-subject (SS) as well as random effect (RFX) analysis. For
SS p= 0.001 (uncorr.) had been used, while for RFX threshold had been
p=0.0005 (FDR-corrected). Despite of it, RFX results shows large activations
with extent comparable with SS.

Is it possible (even theoretically) that RFX with much more stringent
threshold could give such a large activations?

Thanks,

Auer, Tibor M.D. Ph.D.

Biomedizinische NMR Forschungs GmbH

am Max-Planck Institut für Biophysikalische Chemie

Am Fassberg 11

37077 Göttingen

Germany

Phone/Work: +49-(0)551-201-1725

Phone/Home: +49-(0)551-250-4576

Mobile: +49-(0)176-8012-7921

Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>