Hi Dave, I get it now.

To record, for future users:

I ran into trouble because of importing the nifti raw (INT16) to matlab,
doing quantitative analyses and then saving  the result with the "same"
header information (using save_untouch_nii), thus confusing FSL with an
arbitrary scale slope (since it was already factored out of data through the
analyses), hence magnifying my expected quantities by an order of ~2!

Thanks everyone for your help.

(Now, is there already a script to divide a 4D volume by a vector? ;) )

Best
Naj