This may be of interest.

Yours

Ann

Ann Crocker-Smith | DDS (Deaf and Disabled Support) Programme Manager |
Deaf Education and Learning Support| City Lit

T: 020 7492 2722 | F: 020 7492 2743 | Minicom: 020 7492 2746 |
Mobile/SMS: 07781 478651 (office) | www.citylit.ac.uk
<http://www.citylit.ac.uk>

	Subject: Development of new qualification for Communication
Support Workers

	Dear Colleague

	As you may be aware, Signature has been working on developing a
new qualification for CSWs.

	The Government has accepted that there is a need for an
accredited initial professional development opportunity to be available
for those undertaking this role. Funding has been made available by the
DCSF to The I-Sign Project, whose overall aim is to improve BSL
provision and status for deaf children and families.

	We have been working with NATED, ACSW and LLUK.

	Early research carried out by Signature found that there is a
shortage of appropriately qualified CSWs across all sectors of
education.   Also, due to the absence of nationally recognised and
accredited training for CSWs, employers have reported confusion about
the role and suitable qualifications.

	We are now asking people what they think about the proposals we
have made.  We would be grateful if you could follow the link below to
access the proposal and the questionnaire.

	http://www.signature.org.uk/page.php?content=90

	http://www.signature.org.uk/isign/cswconsultation

	The consultation will take place between Monday 1 February and
Monday 22 February 2010.

	Please forward this email on to anyone else you think may be
interested in taking part in the consultation.

	A PowerPoint presentation is available upon request, from
Joanne, which will give more background to the proposal.

	If you have any further questions, please contact myself or
Joanne Wears at [log in to unmask]

	Thank you very much for your time. We appreciate your
participation.

	Maria

	Maria Bailey

	Project Officer: I-Sign Project

__._,_.___

Reply to sender
<mailto:[log in to unmask]:%20Development%20of%20new%20qualif
ication%20for%20Communication%20Support%20Workers>  | Reply to group
<mailto:[log in to unmask]:%20Development%20of%20new%2
0qualification%20for%20Communication%20Support%20Workers>

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nec-asli/message/7833;_ylc=X3oDMTM0bjJxMj
c0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MjM0NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTk4MjkxBG1zZ0lkAz
c4MzMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjY1Mjg0OTM3BHRwY0lkAzc4MzM->  (1)

Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nec-asli;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcGJrdTYxBF9TAzk3MzU
5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MjM0NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTk4MjkxBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHA
Ec3RpbWUDMTI2NTI4NDkzNg-->  Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nec-asli/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbWI2Ym9xBF9TAz
k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MjM0NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTk4MjkxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2
50cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI2NTI4NDkzNw-->

Yahoo! Groups
<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkOGZncWdxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkA
zM0MjM0NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTk4MjkxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjY1M
jg0OTM3>

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:[log in to unmask]
0Format:%20Traditional> , Daily Digest
<mailto:[log in to unmask]:%20Dige
st>  * Unsubscribe
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  *
Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=3423440/grpspId=1705198291/m
sgId=7833/stime=1265284937/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

__,_._,___

City Lit: The Centre for Adult Learning
For the latest news & information, please visit our website www.citylit.ac.uk

The City Literary Institute. Registered Address: 1-10 Keeley Street, London WC2B 4BA.
Telephone: 020 7492 2600

A company limited by guarantee in England no: 2471686. Registered charity no: 803007.

Privacy and confidentiality notice

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information.

The message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the recipient or organisation to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, no action may be taken on the information nor may it be copied or shown to a third party and you are asked to notify the sender named above.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be the views of City Lit.