Apologies for any cross-posting.

Dear All,

We have a few places remaining on the Digital Preservation Training
Programme, 29th-31st March 2010. It will take place at The School of
Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London.

See http://www.dptp.org/2009/11/next-dptp-course2010/ for more information.

The Digital Preservation Training Programme (DPTP) is an intensive 3-day
course designed for all those working in institutional information
management who are grappling with fundamental issues of digital
preservation. It provides the skills and knowledge necessary for
institutions to combine organisational and technological perspectives and
devise an appropriate response to the challenges that digital preservation
needs present. DPTP is operated and organised by the University of London
Computer Centre with contributions from leading experts in the field.

Here is a sample of the feedback over the last few years:
"…the most beneficial and well presented, thought out course that I've ever
attended in 10 years as a professional"
"Thanks to you for your efforts to consolidate all digital preservation
related subjects in one course. I believe this has enabled the participants
to understand the wider picture of digital preservation in a national and
international context."
"Well done, excellent content and a very enjoyable course"
"The course was very good and value for money"
"…thanks to all of you for your work on the fantastic DPTP course. It was
without doubt the best training course I've ever been on, and I'm sure I'll
be referring to my folder for years to come. Somehow you even managed to
transform the OAIS model from something confusing and a bit scary, into
something understandable!"

Please use the online booking form to register your interest in attending
the March 2010 DPTP. Places will be strictly limited and will be assigned
once all applications been received. We will contact you by email once we
have received your booking, with full details of payment methods,
cancellation policy, and terms and conditions.

The course costs £650.00 exclusive of VAT. Lunch and other refreshments are
included in this price.

The Digital Preservation Coalition is also generously offering three
scholarships so that DPC members and associates can participate in the
Digital Preservation Training Programme in London in March 2010. For further
details of eligibility and the application process, please see:

http://www.dpconline.org/training/leadership-programme.html

For more information on the Digital Preservation Training Programme, see:
http://www.dptp.org

Please forward to anyone you think may be interested.

Kind regards,
Kate Bradford
DPTP Admin