Sad news….

Mandy

-----Original Message-----
From: intranet
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:51 PM
To: intranet
Subject: Professor David Vilaseca

It is with great sadness and regret that we inform you of the death of David Vilaseca, Professor of Hispanic Studies and Critical Theory in the School of Modern Languages. Professor Vilaseca tragically died in a road traffic accident in central London on Tuesday 9 February 2010. His colleagues and students will no doubt be as shocked and saddened by the news as we are, and our thoughts are with his family and friends.

Professor Vilaseca joined Royal Holloway in June 2000, having previously taught at the University of Southampton and the Universitat Autònoma in Barcelona, the city of his birth. A brilliant scholar, one of the intellectual leaders of his generation, he was widely respected internationally as a world-leading researcher.

Closer to home, he will be remembered both as an excellent colleague and an inspiring and highly effective teacher.

Professor Rob Kemp

Acting Principal