I am forwarding this for Michael M'Gonigle - it is a link to a two part article he wrote:

The articles are intended to stimulate a collective conversation that might lead to collective action of a very new sort.  If even half of the energy of resistance that the social movements but into Copenhagen were re-directed into a new energy of collective eco-progressive reconstruction in Haiti, we could maybe hope to bring together what the world is missing.  That is, focussed on social and ecological transformation by doing it comprehensively in place.  It is to stimulate debate about that strategy, and maybe some action, that this is intended.

Nick Blomley
Nicholas Blomley
Professor
Department of Geography,