Call for Papers

New Zealand Geographical Society Conference 2010, with the Institute of
Australian Geographers, 5-8 July 2010, Rydges Hotel, Christchurch, New
Zealand http://www.nzgs2010.org.nz/.

Session Title: Migration, Transnationalism and Return Migration in the
Asia-Pacific region

Session convenors: Jane Lee and Ward Friesen (The University of Auckland)

This session invites scholars who research on migration in the
Asia-Pacific region. We are interested in papers that examine the
contemporary lives and impacts of immigrants, transmigrants and return
migrants from diverse perspectives across disciplines. We welcome papers
that relate to any of the following topics, but certainly not limited to:

Migration, settlement and integration
Transnationalism
The politics of migration
Home and imagination
Transnational/Ethnic identities
Being an elderly/child immigrant
Migration and gender
Migration and health
Return migration
Migration methodologies
Being an insider researcher

Please send abstracts (of approx 250 words) to both of the convenors
Jane Lee ([log in to unmask]) and Ward Friesen
([log in to unmask]) by 1st April, 2010.