FYI: Announced yesterday (only very small print in the Guardian obit,
but a larger article from yesterday's Independent  - link below)
concerning the recent death of Colin Ward - a rare 'high-profile'
british anarchist who aside from his numerous and broad-ranging
anarchist writings and endeavours with the likes of the town and country
planning worked collaboratively with a number of geography education
initiatives in the 1970s and beyond (such as Anthony Fyson's 1973 book
'streetwork: the exploding school', his 'utopia' book in 1974 part of
the human survival 'penguin series' as well as contributing to the
'classic' Cook I and Pepper D (1990) Anarchism and Geography edition of
the journal Contemporary issues in Geography and education. His superb
book written with David Crouch (the allotment / mushroom press) a total
joy.  I am sure there will be more obituaries and commentaries to follow
and certainly a commemorative service of some kind in London later in
the year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/boyd-tonkin-the-good-life-of-a-gentle-anarchist-1903818.html