Hi Justin,

Are you running Analysis as a 32bit compile? (Or on a 32bit OS / system?) 32bit machines have a 2G file limit...

(If you're not, would you mind letting us know you are running and we can have a go at fixing it!)

Dan

PS The maximum spec size isn't limited by your RAM, but if you exceed your RAM you will *certainly* experience poor performance (we're thinking about how to fix this).

PPS A little explanation

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/VALinux-kb/2gb-filesize-limit.html

On 17 Feb 2010, at 12:52, Justin Lecher wrote:

> On 17/02/10 13:50, Lecher, Justin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could it be that the maximum spectra size is limited by the amount of
>> memory I have?
>>
>> I can open a spectra 1.9GB size w/o any problem, but a 2GB spectrum
>> crashes analysis. My box has 2GB of memory.
>>
>> justin
>>

> Oh I forgot,
>
> it crashes python with a buffer overflow detection.
>
> justin
>
> --
> Justin Lecher
> Institute for Neuroscience and Biophysics
> ISB 3 - Institute for structural biochemistry
> Research Centre Juelich GmbH,
> 52425 Juelich,Germany
> phone: +49 2461 61 5385

Daniel O'Donovan