The Malvern is indeed very nice.  The only issue I have with ours is
that it doesn't do plates.  This makes buffer screening a very laborious
busy that is best left to graduate students.

Andreas

On 04/02/2010 2:22, Savvas Savvides wrote:
> Hi Wojtek
> I can easily second Dave's comment!
> Best
> Savvas
>
> ----
> Savvas Savvides
> Unit for Structural Biology @ L-ProBE
> Ghent University
> K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
> Ph. +32  (0)472 928 519
> http://www.LProBE.ugent.be/xray.html
>

> On 04/02/10 14:54, "David Briggs"<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>
>> Hiya.
>>
>> My two penneth on the Malvern Zetasizer.
>>
>> Simple, idiot-proof operation. Software is easy and intuative. Reports
>> are customisable to give you what information you want.
>> Problems easy to trouble shoot IMHO.
>>
>> Does DLS, SLS, melting point determination.
>>
>> After-care support is good from Malvern.
>>
>> Not used the Wyatt instrument.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> ============================
>> David C. Briggs PhD
>> Father, Structural Biologist and Sceptic
>> ============================
>> University of Manchester E-mail:
>> ============================
>> Internetz: http://xtaldave.posterous.com/
>> Twitter: @xtaldave
>> Skype: DocDCB
>> ============================
>>

>> On 4 February 2010 13:36, Wojciech Rypniewski<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>>> Dear Fellow Crystallographers
>>>
>>> We are going to buy a DLS instrument to help us assess crystallizability
>>> of our proteins. I would be grateful for any opinions - either
>>> on this BB or in my mail box (in which case I'll keep them to myself,
>>> naturally).
>>>
>>> We have looked more closely at two instruments:
>>>
>>> DynaPro NanoStar from Wyatt and
>>> Zetasizer Micro V from Malvern
>>>
>>> and both seem to be rather similar in terms of parameters and price.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate user opinions as to the reliability,
>>> ease of use or any features that make a given instrument
>>> particularly suited for assessing biological samples.
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Wojtek
>>>
>>> --
>>> Prof. dr hab. Wojciech Rypniewski      tel: +48-61-8528503
>>> Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry      fax: +48-61-8520532
>>> Polish Academy of Sciences             e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>>> Noskowskiego 12/14                     www: www.man.poznan.pl/~wojtekr/
>>> 61-704 Poznan, Poland

         Andreas Förster, Research Associate
         Paul Freemont & Xiaodong Zhang Labs
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College London
             http://www.msf.bio.ic.ac.uk