How about LSQMAN ?
with ATOM_types Side_chain ?

That should do the trick.

Jürgen

P.S. sorry it's not really a CCP4 related program, but I use it very
frequently in conjunction with the CCP4 suite :-)

On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Ed Pozharski wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 16:50 +0100, Gerard DVD Kleywegt wrote:
>> But it still won't solve Miri's problem. I think what she is asking
>> for is a
>> program that detects which atoms should be matched to which,
>> irrespective of
>> their names (i.e., not assuming they are called " CA ") and order
>> (i.e., not
>> nicely sequential such as amino-acid residues), and then applies the
>> operator
>> that follows from that.
>>

> How about FM option in molrep?
> http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/local/programs/ccp4-6.0.2/html/molrep.html#FM
>
> Other MR programs can be used as well, just generate FC from one model
> in a suitable cell and run search with another.
>
> HTH,
>
> Ed.
>
> --
> Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
> University of Maryland, Baltimore
> When the Way is forgotten duty and justice appear;
> Then knowledge and wisdom are born along with hypocrisy.
> When harmonious relationships dissolve then respect and devotion
> arise;
> When a nation falls to chaos then loyalty and patriotism are born.
> ------------------------------   / Lao Tse /

-
Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894