Dear Daniel,

You can also try adding 100-200 mM ammonium hydroxide. The jump in pH will dissolve your crystals. If you then set up your protein drop above the buffer of your liking, vapor diffusion will bring the pH back down to the original value, and in the process hopefully lead to more controlled nucleation and crystal growth.

Worth to try on a few microliter of your prep.

Han

Han Remaut, PhD
Structural & Molecular Microbiology - VIB/VUB
Building E, 4th Floor
Pleinlaan 2
1050 Brussel

email: [log in to unmask]