Any chance that it is myristate or some other fatty acid?

Good  luck-

Steve

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Marek Frischerkase <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,
sorry for my off topic question.
I found a PEG molecule bound to the active site of my enzyme structure. And I did not expected it there, though I used PEG as precipitant in the crystallization condition. Now I'm wondering how could bind PEG with its hydrophobic nature at all in the hydrophobic active site? It seems that the PEG molecule interacts predominantly with Tryptophans (distance 3.8 A). Did anybody observe similar cases? And which kind of interaction should there be active? I would be grateful for your help,

cheers,

Marek