Dear James,

When reading and writing SEGIDs, why bother making it case unsensitive? Most programming/scripting languages read text case sensitive anyway. Assuming people don't type SEGIDs by hand, differences in capitalization may be significant.

When you are generating SEGIDs from scratch, stick to the set you proposed (0-9, A-Z). That way it is more likely that other programs support your SEGIDs.

Cheers,
Robbie

http://windows.microsoft.com/shop