Hi,

    I need someone expert in PYMOL. I am getting a trouble to prepare a figure to display electron density for some water molecules. I can see clear density in COOT at sigma level 2.5. But, I could not see the density in PYMOL even at sigma level 1.0

Here is what I have done in PYMOL

1. file…….open ……..pdb and map files. I can see these two objects on the right column.

2. Then I selected the waters for which I want to display the electron density and created an object named ‘wat’

3. In the command line I wrote ‘isomesh mesh1, 3fo2fc.map, 1.0, wat, carve=1.6’ and it creates an object ‘mesh1’ that shows the electron density of some of the waters (not all) selected in ‘wat’. I tried with other sigma levels, but the problem persists. I could not understand why for some waters electron density did not show up in PYMOL, but it does in COOT. I also noticed the same problem remains for part of this molecule, not just for some waters. I checked the pdb file, which looks fine and have the standard format. Does anyone have any idea, what’s going wrong?

Thanks…

Raja