On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Mark A. White <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know why COOT is suddenly as slow as molasses on my Fedora 12 desktop?  I had and old version of Coot working after my initial Fedora 12 install (from FC7 after a disk crash).  However, now all versions of COOT have the same problem, very slow response and refresh rates.

Dear Mark,

Perhaps your ATI drivers are not installed properly?  Coincidentally, a similar post recently showed up here:

http://www.majorgroove.org/questions/99/why-has-my-coot-gone-slow

The tip about "glxinfo | grep rendering" might yield some clues.

Regards,

Matt