Dear CCP4ers,

I'm desperately trying to dig out a good documentation of the new PDB
3.2 nomenclature on www.wwpdb.org, but find myself running in circles.
There is even a broken link to the nomenclature file
http://remediation.wwpdb.org/downloads/Components-rel-alt.cif. The other
link, ftp://ftp.wwpdb.org/pub/pdb/data/monomers, is a cryptic collection
of compounds.
Why isn't there a document for PDB 3.2 that covers the main dictionaries
for amino acids, nucleic acids, sugars, water and so on (maybe with a
useful link to more exotic compounds) like for the old PDB 2.3?
Currently, I have to rely on the "remediator" program from the
Richardson lab for that, without even knowing whether it is always
correct. How could I possibly write a program that reads/writes PDB 3.2
files correctly?

I would be very grateful for any useful document.

Best regards,

Dirk.

Dirk Kostrewa
Gene Center, A 5.07