I see the newsletter doesn’t start with the matter most entertaining in Britain, the contest of the tales of Gulliver in the pages of the newspapers on the matter of the state of the british economy and who should pay for the games of these economists over the past n years, where n might start in 1713 if one is historically minded.

The knowledge workers in universities and their victims have a right, indeed perhaps a duty to speak out on public policy matters such as the funding of higher education, and on these matters there cannot be rights and wrongs, simply logics and power.

I presume heterodoxologies have opinions on what is to be done?

From: To complement the journal 'Capital and Class' (ISSN 0 309 8786) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jo, Tae-Hee
Sent: 17 February 2010 20:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [HEN-UK] Heterodox Economics Newsletter, Issue 95

Heterodox Economics Newsletter

Issue 95 | February 17, 2010

Web: http://heterodoxnews.com/n/htn95.html
PDF:
http://heterodoxnews.com/n/htn95.pdf

From the Editors

Greetings and Happy (lunar) New Year!

It is the season for the ASSA (Denver, USA. January 2011) conference call for papers. In particular we want to highlight AFEE's focus on policy issues, asking for papers on The Policy Relevance of Institutional Economics. While Heterodox economists continue to offer realistic alternatives to the sterile mainstream view, the fight to be heard is ongoing...

We want to mention two other conferences of note. First, this October EAEPE's (European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy) conference will focus on the Neoliberal versus European Models of development (an added attraction for oenophiles is the location--Bordeaux, France); second, we are very happy to post the call for papers for "The First Seminar in Post Keynesian and Heterodox Economics" to be held in Bogota, Colombia in August. Buena suerte!

Among other items in this issue, we would like to call your attention to the following. Firstly, Wolfram Elsner is in the making of a new microeconomics textbook, which is 'non-toxic' and heterodox in its nature. Please take a look at the first chapter available on-line. Secondly, let us fully support Steve Keen's walk from Australia’s Parliament House to Australia’s highest mountain, Mt Kosciousko–a distance of 224km (140 miles). You may join his walk along the way, write him on his webpage, or make a donation! Thirdly, those who have planned to attend the ICAPE 2010 Conference, it has been postponed due to conflicting dates with events being planned by some of the member organizations. Lastly, we would be remiss if we did not put a little shout out for Fred Lee's new book, A History of Heterodox Economics: Challenging the Mainstream in the 20th Century.

Regards,

Tae-Hee Jo and Ted Schmidt

Newsletter Website: http://heterodoxnews.com

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tabe of Contents

  1. Call for Papers

1.    EAEPE 2010 Conference

2.    AFEE at ASSA 2011

3.    URPE at ASSA 2011

4.    International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education

5.    Feminist Economics

6.    First Seminar in Post Keynesian and Heterodox Economics

7.    Book: Alternative Perspectives of a Good Society

8.    Marx and Philosophy Society Seventh Annual Conference

9.    Daniel Singer Prize 2010

10. Colloque "Agir en situation d'incertitude"

11. Convocatoria al Congreso AEDA 2010

12. Economic Governance and the Government-Market Interface: An International Conference

13. Ecological Economics Reviews

  1. Conferences, Seminars and Lectures

1.    Cambridge Seminar in the History of Economic Analysis

2.    Cambridge Realist Workshop

3.    SOAS Seminar Series on Money and Development

4.    Séminaire Hétérodoxies du CES (Paris I)

5.    CPNSS 20th Anniversary Celebrations

6.    NIESR Employment Seminar Series

7.    Public Debate: Post-Recession Blues: who is being hit the hardest?

8.    The Economics of Climate Regulatory Policy: Current Findings and Lessons from the Past

  1. Job Postings for Heterodox Economists

1.    American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)

2.    Occidental College

3.    School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London

4.    Corporate Strategy and Industrial Development (CSID)

  1. Conference Papers, Reports, and Articles

1.    Institute for International Political Economy (IPE) Berlin

2.    Post Keynesian Economics Study Group

3.    GDAE Policy Brief: Industrial Livestock Firms Big NAFTA Winners

4.    Inflación: la política en acción

5.    Sustainable Development and Small Entreprises

6.    Development Viewpoint 46

  1. Heterodox Journals and Newsletters

1.    Challenge, 53(1): Jan./Feb. 2010

2.    European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, 17(1): Feb. 2010

3.    History of Political Economy, 42(1): Spring 2010

4.    Economic Systems Research, 21(3)

5.    Local Economy, 25(1)

6.    Pelican Journal of Sustainable Development: Feb. 2010

7.    Lettre de diffusion de l'Association Française d'Economie Politique

8.    eInsight

9.    IDEAs

10. CCPA

11. nef e-letter

  1. Heterodox Books and Book Series

1.    A History of Heterodox Economics : Challenging the mainstream in the twentieth century

2.    Radical Economics and Labour: Essays inspired by the IWW Centennial

3.    Theories of Social Capital: Researchers Behaving Badly

4.    Cultural Political Economy

5.    Elgar Companion To Adam Smith

6.    Economists In The Americas

7.    Money, Investment And Consumption: Keynes’s Macroeconomics Rethought

8.    Financial Crises And Recession In The Global Economy

9.    Free Trade Doesn’t Work: What Should Replace it and Why

10. Unlevel Playing Fields: Understanding Wage Inequality and Discrimination

11. The Task of the Critic

  1. Heterodox Book Reviews

1.    The Keynes Solution: The Path to Global Economic Prosperity

  1. Heterodox Web Sites and Associates

1.    Blog on “Triple Crises” in Finance, Development, and Environment

2.    The History of Economics Society of Australia (HETSA)

3.    Manifesto of Revolutionary Solutions

4.    Marx and Philosophy Review of Books

5.    IIPPE Environment Working Group

6.    Research on Money and Finance (RMF)

7.    Keen Walk to Kosciuszko: Walking Against Australia's Property Mania

  1. Queries from Heterodox Economists

1.    Microeconomics of Interactive Economies: Evolutionary and Institutional Perspectives

  1. For Your Information

1.    ICAPE 2010 Conference has been postponed

2.    Leontief Prize

3.    Feminist Economics, free to download 12 popular and highly cited articles

4.    A life in politics: New Left Review at 50

-----

Tae-Hee Jo, Ph.D

Assistant Professor of Economics

Economics and Finance Department