From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Lahner
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Administrator rights?!?

Hi Tyone

I endorse what Merv and Volker have said regarding the need for more than 1 Admin, but not for curriculum auditing purposes.

At top level we grant full Administrator rights to the VLE Administrator, myself  and Network Manager.

We have modified the 'System Support' role to allow our ILT Champions, key LRC staff, and desk-side/helpdesk IT staff to more easily manage courses (copy, restore, archive, rename etc) and check enrolments etc.

We have created a custom, non-admin, 'Course Audit' role for curriculum managers , which allows them guest access to any course, using course search or course catalogue.  They can then use the Self Enrol button if they need to see grade books or blogs etc.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Bob Lahner

Head of E-Learning

Havering College

01708 46 2802

>>> Tyrone Knight <[log in to unmask]> 03/02/2010 17:28 >>>

Dear All

I have very recently taken over the Blackboard Administrator Post at my College, and due to a hasty last minute hand over, I am finding a lot of questions and well timed challenges coming my way.

Most important at the moment is the point regarding who & how many people should have Administrator rights. My predecessor firmly believed that there should only be one Administrator in the college, and I agree.

There are a lot of department heads raising the issue that they should all have Admin rights, whether it is because of their position or because they don't have a full understanding of Admin or Tutor access/roles on Blackboard.

The problem I am facing is the lack of views and paperwork to backup this argument.

Can anyone please advice or feedback, as this would be much appreciated.

Tyrone Knight

ILT Agent / Blackboard Administrator

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be error-free or secure as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, or could arrive late or incomplete, or the email may be affected by viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, or viruses, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Northbrook College Sussex, Littlehampton Road, Goring-By-Sea, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 6NU.

Tel 0845 155 60 60

Northbrook BannerError! Filename not specified.

Further Education Open Evenings

Higher Education (University Level) Open Days

Tuesday 2nd February 2010 - WD Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Friday 26th February 2010 - WD, BW and SA campuses 10am to 4pm

Wednesday 3rd February 2010 - BW Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Saturday 27th February 2010 - WD, BW and SA campuses 10am to 2pm

Thursday 4th February 2010 - SA Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Friday 5th November 2010 - WD, BW and SA campuses 10am to 4pm

Tuesday 16th November 2010 - WD Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Saturday 6th November 2010 - WD, BW and SA campuses 10am to 2pm

Wednesday 17th November 2010 - SA Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Thursday 18th November 2010 - BW Campus 5.30pm to 8pm

Part Time & Adult Education Information Evenings

Tuesday 8th June 2010 - WD Campus 6pm to 8pm

Thursday 2nd September 2010 - WD Campus 6pm to 8pm

Campus Key: WD = West Durrington BW = Broadwater SA = Shoreham Airport

This email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is intended
for the above named only. It may contain privileged, confidential or
price sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
email, as well as deleting the email from your computer system. This
email is protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not entitled to use, disclose or copy the email or rely on it
in any way whatsoever.

security gateway however Havering College cannot accept any liability
for the contents and suggest that you routinely use an up to date
virus checker.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in error.