From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raymond, Helen
Sent: 10 February 2010 15:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question regarding records of publicised banks

I'm hoping someone on this list might be able to answer a particular records management related question of mine :

After the government's recent takeover of several banks such as Northern Rock, have the records belonging to these institutions become public, or are they still considered private business records?

Thanks!

Helen Raymond

Archives and Records Management Assistant
Working for Manpower, on behalf of Unilever
Unilever Archives and Records Management
PO Box 69
Port Sunlight
CH62 4ZD
Tel. 0151 641 4466 / 0151 641 4130
http://i.unilever.com/archives

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.