Dear List members,

I just received an email from a friend who is having trouble identifying remains within a thin section. I know that this has proven to be difficult for plant remains in the past. Does anyone have any idea what the “things” are in the attached image? The scale in the bottom right is 500 microns.

I will pass any responses on to her.

Many thanks,

Alexia

Alexia Smith, Ph.D.