Hi All - a student at U of Leiden contacted me with the following - if anyone has ideas, Gerrie van Rooijen <[log in to unmask]> would love to hear them - justine

Dear Ms. McKnight,

For a paper I'm writing about plant and trees in Homer, I wondered if the plant moly, named in Book 10 of the Odyssey (X,305), is a known plant.
The description given by Homer says the root is black and the flower milk-coloured. It is hard to dig and the name (moly) is just a divine name.
Is this a description that makes you think of a certain plant?
Thank you very much for you help.

Kind regards,

Gerrie van Rooijen
University of Leiden, the Netherlands.