I have been asked to distribute this and can provide some background
information if required.

Regards

JOHN BIBBY

PS: Does anyone have Cuban or other contacts who might be able to help with
this?

===================

SciMetrika, LLC a firm that focuses on providing solutions to advancing
human health is proposing to conduct a survey to ascertain the impact of the
earthquake in Haiti. The purpose of the survey is to derive scientifically
valid estimates of the number of dead, number of dwellings destroyed and
prevalence of diseases resulting from the quake. We are proposing to conduct
this survey with assistance from Statistics Without Border (SWB) a group
affiliated with the American Statistical Association (ASA) and other
volunteer statisticians who will be invited to oversee the data collection
on the ground in Haiti. The participation of an organization such as SWB
will lend credibility and acceptance of the results by the international
community. SciMetrika President Dr. Jean G. Orelien will serve as the
overall project director. He is a native of Haiti who speaks fluently French
and Haitian-Creole. We have individuals with expertise in survey design,
questionnaire design and data analysis. Our greatest need is to identify
individuals who can serve as supervisors of the data collection effort. We
are particularly interested in identifying volunteers who have experience in
selecting, training interviewers and setting-up quality assurance protocols
to prevent non-sampling errors that may be introduced by interviewers.

SIGNOFF allstat