Those who attended the 2009 American Academy of Religion meeting in Montreal
know that our Contemporary Pagan Studies session on
idolatry and tangible sacrality was quite successful.

The call for papers for the upcoming AAR meeting
includes this:

Idolatry and tangible sacrality - the conversation continues.
This panel generated such excellent discussion at the 2009 meeting
that we felt it important to explore it further;

To keep the conversation going, The Pomegranate's summer 2010
issue will include a special section on idolatry and tangible sacrality.

Michael York has written an essay, "Idolatry, Ecology, and the
Sacred as Tangible," which is available as an uploaded file on
my web site: http://www.chasclifton.com/York-idolatry.pdf

The Pomegranate invites responses to that essay, in the
2,000-4,000 word range, by April 15, 2010.

They should be submitted via the journal's web site:
http://www.equinoxjournals.com/ojs/index.php/pom/index

Writers will need to register at the site as authors and should download
the journal style guidelines (Chicago-style footnotes, etc.).

In anticipation,

Chas S. Clifton, editor

The Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies
http://www.equinoxjournals.com/ojs/index.php/POM
alternate email: [log in to unmask]