Nagasive,

Appreciate your deeper analysis of what's behind the "childhood sorcery"
accusations in the Congo.

I titled the post with "Harry Potter" only because in the story his mother
and father were killed for being sorcerers, and Harry when a child was
almost killed for the crime of simply being born into a sorcerer family,
which I found similar to the plight of the 450 known kids last year targeted
for execution because of sorcery allegations.

After a quick search I was surprised to see that there is actually a "Harry
Potter Alliance" of wannabe sorcerer youth that are currently discussing
helping these children in the Congo:

http://thehpalliance.ning.com/profiles/blogs/congo-1

In general the article caught my attention because, as you're probably
aware, Darfur and other atrocities in that region get all the press, even
though probably under a million have died in Darfur, compared to over four
million dead already in the Congo. It's rare that stories of the ongoing
horrors specific to the Congo ever even make it out to the mainstream news.

James