Legally, yes - it's no defence to hide behind a login. And even hidden behind a login you have to ensure only the correct people have access for the correct time for that course.  When we were visited for a CLA compliance check they were entitled to check all material in the VLE!  In practice they were very nice and supportive in telling us where we had done things wrong in the few items they selected - but that was when they were trying to revise the licence agreement and ensure it was workable
Paul