Hi Avia,

I am not sure what you mean with density but I can probably help you
with the volume calculation. Note that I haven't done any VBM so far and
there might be an easier solution to this.

First you select your GM and WM probability map (the output of the
segmentation):

%----------Copy/Paste into Matlab from here
V = spm_vol(spm_select(2,'image'));

%Next we select GM and WM:

GM = spm_read_vols(V(1));
WM = spm_read_vols(V(2));

%We need to calculate the voxel volume:

vox = sqrt(sum(V(1).mat(1:3,1:3).^2));
voxvol = vox(1)*vox(2)*vox(3);

%Next step, we multiply the probability map with our voxel volume:

GMvol = GM .* voxvol;
WMvol = WM .* voxvol;

fprintf('The GM volume is %d cm^3, the WM volume is %d cm^3',
sum(GMvol(:))/1000, sum(WMvol(:))/1000);
%------------End of Code

Hope this helps,
Benjamin

--
Dr. med. Benjamin Bender
Abteilung Diagnostische und Interventionelle Neuroradiologie

Tel. (07071) 29-85397