For more practical and less mathematical aspects of fMRI pattern classification you may also want to check Francisco Pereira thesis and tutorial:
http://www.princeton.edu/~fpereira/research.shtml

In addition, one of the most powerful packages for fMRI  pattern classification is: http://www.pymvpa.org/

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM, <Fraser> <Smith> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
You might also want to consult:

Duda RO, Hart PE, Stork DG (2001) Pattern Classification (John Wiley &
Sons, New York, ed 2).
Its known to be an important resource for the field, covering statistical
learning and various classification techniques.

Cheers

Fraser.

Learning&quot; is actually free to download online. http://www-stat.stan