Do you really mean "real-world average brain"?  If you actually mean
real-world individual brain, then you can use the y_*.nii (which can be
generated via the new segmentation) to map from points in MNI space to
points in the original scan.  Alternatively, you may wish to warp your
results back to an individual, in which case you can use the
Deformations utility of SPM8.  Either get the new segmentation to
generate a iy_*.nii file, or get the deformations utility to invert the
y_*.nii.

If I remember correctly, the "Using Dartel" section of the manual should
contain some hints on this.

Best regards,
-John

--