Hello SPM authors and users,

I am trying to get SPM5 to run on Matlab7.5 (R2007b) on Redhat linux. I have followed all the installation steps from "http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Installation_on_Linux" judiciously without any errors in the MEX compilation. When I call SPM from Matlab, the GUI opens fine. However when I try running Display from the GUI and select any image file to open, nothing gets displayed in the graphics windows after the selection. The program appears to be working indefinitely trying to open the image without any errors. Any clues what may be going on?

Thanks,
Mayuresh