POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN COGNITIVE PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY: COGNITIVE
NEUROSCIENCE OF NORMAL AND ABNORMAL COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL FUNCTION
Department of Psychology and Beckman Institute
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA

The NIMH-funded Cognitive Psychophysiology Training program at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has postdoctoral fellowship
openings for recent PhDs, MDs, and MD/PhDs. The core faculty of the
training program pursue a variety of research programs addressing normal
and abnormal cognitive and emotional function and associated brain
mechanisms addressing a broad range of NIMH priorities in mental health
and mental illness. Post-doctoral fellows can work with one or more of
the core faculty, who study topics spanning depression, anxiety, memory,
attention, executive function, emotion, language, cognitive aging,
cognitive disability, aggression, and externalizing disorders. Core
faculty are based in the Departments of Psychology, Psychiatry,
Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, and Statistics, with
appointments in the campus Neuroscience Program
(www.neuroscience.illinois.edu) and the multidisciplinary Beckman
Institute (www.beckman.illinois.edu), which includes the
research-dedicated Biomedical Imaging Center (bic.beckman.illinois.edu).
The training grant is administered through the Dept. of Psychology
(www.psych.illinois.edu).

We employ diverse psychophysiological methods, including fMRI,
dense-array EEG, optical imaging, and eye-tracking as well as autonomic
measures. Our research emphasizes integration of measures to achieve
multimodal imaging to study substantive areas involving normal and
abnormal cognition and emotion. We seek applications from ethnically
diverse scientists who have strong academic credentials and US
citizenship or permanent residence. We are accepting applications on an
ongoing basis.

Per NIH rules for such trainees, "The individual to be trained must be a
citizen or a noncitizen national of the United States or have been
lawfully admitted for permanent residence by the time of award.
Individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence must
have a currently valid Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551) or other
legal verification of such status."

Potential applicants are welcome to contact any of the core faculty
members: Diane Beck, Neal Cohen, Florin Dolcos, Monica Fabiani, Kara
Federmeier, Susan Garnsey, Brian Gonsalves, Gabriele Gratton, Wendy
Heller, Arthur Kramer, Zhi-Pei Liang, Gregory A. Miller, Bradley Sutton,
Edelyn Verona, and Michelle Wang. Research interests and contact
information are available at
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/gamiller/shared/CPTGbrochureDec2009.pdf

Please send applications (via e-mail) consisting of a single pdf file,
including cover letter, CV, and names and addresses of three referees,
to Program Director Gregory A. Miller ([log in to unmask]).