The title page of my Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & Company 1927, Land and Sea Tales for Scouts and Scout Masters under "By Rudyard Kipling" states Commisioner, Boy Scouts in England.
Best regards,
Kipling Hedley

Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:17:14 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Land and Sea Tales
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear All,
Dr Jeffery Lewins writes:

We have had a good term reading children's stories and pondered on the claim that Kipling was a commissioner of Scouts, in Land and Sea Tales. Does the US edition make this claim? Gillian has a letter (copy) from Baden Poeell clarifying Kipling's status that may be of interest if not previously known.
Good wishes, Jeffery