Dear All,

Today I would like to wish you the imaginative insight that can transform abstract rationality into natural creativity, and intellectual knowledge into compassionate wisdom. More and more it seems to me that the difficulties and conflicts so  many of us face both collectively and individually arise from a point-blank refusal to allow our imagination to flower. Imagination, to me, is a double-edged sword - both a blessing and a curse. Held definitively at bay, or kept to itself, it can easily become morbid, and a source of profound insecurity and guilt. Freed from all natural dynamic distinction, it loses its bearings. Let loose, within the variable boundaries of natural flow-form, it brings vital understanding of what can and can't be certain.

Warmest

Alan

-------------

Imaginative Turn, 1/1/2010

How tiresome it is

This beast that turns in my grave

Shrieking to unearth

Such fearful foreboding

Of what is to come

From what has been done

In the name of the Rose

That holds itself in

Enshrouded by sepals

To keep all its petals

From falling to ground

Out of sight, far from sound

Stalled in the bud

Distilled in the mud

Defended by prickle

Refusing to tickle

But piercing instead

The heart that yearns

To get out of bed

How exciting it is

This creature that rises with the sun

Singing its heart out

In radiant flower

Bearing fruit into joys to come

From what has been done

Crying, hip, hip hooray!

In the name of the Rose

That gathers all in

As it dies and grows

Loosing its petals

From the confines of sepals

To spread light in sound

Before turning back inward

Whilst falling to ground

Where others come to bear its energy away

Through death and decay

Into life that unfurls

In the opening

That sustains the possibility