http://www.fineartprintsondemand.com/artists/reynolds/dr_samuel_johnson.htm

   If the book is heavy, or spready like a newspaper, a lap ain't enough.

See Reynolds's portrait of Johnson squinting as he reads to show how
concentrated reading should be...

http://www.fineartprintsondemand.com/artists/reynolds/dr_samuel_johnson.htm

Max (recently squinting at it or its likeness in the Huntington, Pasadena...)

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au

----- End forwarded message -----

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au