From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sue Mann (JIC)
Sent: 25 January 2010 16:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] client

Hi folks,

I have a member of staff who I referred to counselling recently (CBT) following a number of bereavements and other issues. The counsellor gave him a questionnaire to complete, on adding up the scores it indicated that he was suffering with severe depression. Counsellor advised he go and see his GP which he did.  GP has signed him off for 2 weeks with depression.

I have just spoken with him on the phone and he states that he feels worse being at home but cant come back to work as he has been signed off.

I don’t believe in this case staying at home is the right thing for this person and I believe that if I am happy for him to come back to work before the 2 weeks he can?

Am I right?

Thanks,

Sue.

Sue Mann
Occupational Health Nurse Adviser
John Innes Centre/Institute of Food Research/TOC/TSL/TGAC
Norwich BioScience Institutes
Tel: 01603 450564
Fax: 01603 450029

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION http://www.aohne.org.uk ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.