Would it not be easier to point them to the DDA and make reasonable adjustments?  If the absence is related /directly linked to their disability we usally allow +25% over the average sickness absence rate.
Jean

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingham, Jane [HMPS] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:46
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Diabetes query

Hi everyone
My managers have asked me to provide the evidence TODAY that people with diabetes may have slightly higher than average amount of sickness absence due to the diabetes/infections being exacerbated.  Please can you point me to one or two examples of this evidence.
Thanks in anticipation.
Jane Ingham

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.