From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carr Barnes
Sent: 12 January 2010 13:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH]

Hi Sharon

We would assess if there was any concern regarding mental well being irrespective of cause but in the management report clarify if it is normal distress when discussing the situation or actual clinical illness. We direct to support services as needed again stressing that this is for health management purposes to help them manage their health while the management action is proceeding. Quite often i end up saying to that if there is a medical issue e.g. an anxiety condition / reactive depression etc while medical treatment should enable recovery from a purely medical standpoint in however many weeks the work issues are likely to be a continuing barrier to work until resolved to safisfaction of all parties.

Carr