Date: Saturday 6th February

Time: 1.30pm - 3pm

Venue: The Rio Cinema, Dalston

Booking: Contact the Rio box office on 0207 241 9410 or www.riocinema.org.uk

Patrick Vernon
CEO
--------------------------------
Phone: 0207 582 0432
Email:   [log in to unmask]

The Afiya Trust
27-29 Vauxhall Grove
London SW8 1SY
Phone: 0207 582 0400
Fax:      0207 582 2552
Email: [log in to unmask]

(Registered Charity Number : 1061596/0)

From: Health of minority ethnic communities in the UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: 18 January 2010 09:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Join me in signing this petition: cancel Haiti's debts

I think members of the list will accept that we are in exceptional circumstances and will hopefully join me and others from the Health Equity Network (which is where I got this from) in signing up! If Alex Scott Samuel - a respected public health professional, reckons this is a priority, who am I to disagree?

Mark R D Johnson

Director, MSRC/CEEHD

De Montfort University

Leicester LE2 1RQ

Only now is the true scale of the disaster emerging. Reports now
suggest as many as 50,000 people may have died, with hundreds of
thousands made homeless.

The work ahead to recover from this tragedy is immense. So here's our
goal: $890 million for Haiti. That’s how much Haiti owes to the
International Monetary Fund, the Inter-American Development Bank, and
a handful of others.

Sign the petition below to ask Haiti's creditors to act quickly and
cancel Haiti's debts:

http://one.org/international/actnow/haiti/index.html?rc=upgradeaidmailto

As Haiti begins to rebuild we can help by lifting this debt.