I have to agree with this approach in general as National Statistics and other National Bodies generate data on ethnicity, not race,  which we all use to cross inform on an patients and indeed other public health and social interventions.

From a clinical & other research viewpoint, it may be necessary to consider how we get agreement on the use of the larger subset of ethnic options information ( that already lies under the standard template). I’m not sure that I would personally want to be faced with a list of 50-100 options of identity on each form that I fill in.

Regards

Wilfred Carneiro

T: 0208 725 4175

Equality and FT Membership Manager

F: 0208 725 3340

Directorate of Operations and Performance

E[log in to unmask]

St. George's Healthcare NHS Trust

W: www.stgeorges.nhs.uk