I think members of the list will accept that we are in exceptional circumstances and will hopefully join me and others from the Health Equity Network (which is where I got this from) in signing up! If Alex Scott Samuel - a respected public health professional, reckons this is a priority, who am I to disagree?

Mark R D Johnson
Director, MSRC/CEEHD
De Montfort University
Leicester LE2 1RQ

Only now is the true scale of the disaster emerging. Reports now
suggest as many as 50,000 people may have died, with hundreds of
thousands made homeless.

The work ahead to recover from this tragedy is immense. So here's our
goal: $890 million for Haiti. That’s how much Haiti owes to the
International Monetary Fund, the Inter-American Development Bank, and
a handful of others.

Sign the petition below to ask Haiti's creditors to act quickly and
cancel Haiti's debts:

http://one.org/international/actnow/haiti/index.html?rc=upgradeaidmailto

As Haiti begins to rebuild we can help by lifting this debt.