thanks, Jim.

i should have known that.

or, worse, i should have remembered that i knew that (yet another Senior
Moment --i HATE it when that happens).

>At 663 pages, there aren't many "gaps" in it.

no, but it probably doesn't contain many direct quotations from Adela or her
contemporaries.

nor many details about what color her bodice was that was ripped.

nor what, exactly, was the "disability" which forced her firstborn son,
William (named after *her* father, Bill The Bastard), to give up the
countyship and more or less retire to the lordship Sully, his wife's domain.

nor how she felt on the day that she finally gave up the Countessship in favor
of her (second) son, Teddy, and entered the Cluniac convent of Marcigny in
1120.

all these goodies --and many more-- will be fully exposed in the movie which
will be made from Brenda's book.

i can hardly wait to eat my popcorn.

also of interest:

LoPrete,Kimberly. "The Anglo-Norman Card of Adela of Blois", Albion 22 (1990)

LoPrete, Kimberly. "Adela of Blois and Ivo of Chartres: Piety, Politics, and
the Peace in the Diocese of Chartres", Anglo-Norman Studies 19